This course is brought to you by a Grant Professional Certified (1 of less than 400 in the world!). Diane Leonard, GPC is also 1 of only 20 GPA approved trainers in the world.
As a grant professional or an aspiring grant professional, you will learn the eight competencies of the "Grant Professional Credential" (GPC) and we will walk you through step-by-step how to use them effectively to give you a massive tactical advantage to win the grant for your nonprofit.
As a seasoned nonprofit grant writing professional, you have experienced success with a variety of grant applications. You have seen the difference that grants make in your community. Yet you are also always working to build your skills and increase the competitiveness of each application you submit for your employer or your clients.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- How to use the GPC competencies as a benchmark in advancing your career;
- Competency 1: Knowledge of how to research, identify, and match funding resources to meet specific needs;
- Competency 2: Knowledge of organizational development as it pertains to grant seeking;
- Competency 3: Knowledge of strategies for effective program and project design and development;
- Competency 4: Knowledge of how to craft, construct, and submit an effective grant application;
- Competency 5: Knowledge of post-award grant management practices sufficient to inform effective grant design and development;
- Competency 6: Knowledge of nationally recognized standards of ethical practice by grant developers;
- Competency 7: Knowledge of practices and services that raise the level of professionalism of grant developers; and
- Competency 8: Knowledge of methods and strategies that cultivate and maintain relationships between fund-seeking and recipient organizations and funders.
- How to use specific examples of the advanced competencies listed above as inspiration in your own work;
- How to enhance your knowledge about each of the competencies listed above in your work; and
- How to leverage advanced skills as a means to increase your proposal’s competitiveness.
Using the competencies of the Grant Professionals Credential (GPC), we will walk through how to utilize the advanced level skills for each of these competencies in your work. We will give tactical advanced examples and steps to engage each competency.
Whether you are considering pursuing the formal credential during your career or not, the review of these advanced tactics for each competency will help elevate your work as a grant professional.
This Nonprofit Webinar is Perfect for You if…
- You have been a nonprofit grant writing professional for 3 or more years;
- You are looking to improve your grant writing for nonprofits skills to further your career;
- You have participated in beginner and intermediate nonprofit grant writing courses, webinars, or trainings.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Skills inventory checklist for the GPC competencies
- Worksheet to use in planning professional development goals for each competency
- Advanced grant professionals resource guide
- The nonprofit webinar slides
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
"Although grant-writing is only one of my tasks as the executive director of a small nonprofit, I took the leap into this higher-level course to spark my own questions and guide my ongoing professional development. While I am challenged by the material, Diane presented it in a way that did not feel completely over my head. I have A LOT of notes to tackle!
Angie Kidd, Common Grace Ministries, Inc.
"This nonprofit webinar was inspiring and offered really great practical tools and resources that motivated me to elevate my professionalism and reach beyond my current knowledge as an experienced fundraiser."
Rochelle Martin, California Latinas For Reproductive Justice
“Provided a good overview of competencies with lots of references to materials for more information.”
Susan Larson, Better Basics, Inc.
About Your Topic Expert
Diane H. Leonard, GPC is a Grant Professional Certified (1 of less than 400 in the world) and Approved Trainer for the Grant Professionals Association (1 of 20 in the world). Since 2006, Diane and her team have secured more than $62.1 million dollars in competitive grant awards for the clients of DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services. When not working with her team on grant applications for clients, Diane can be found in the 1000 Islands, out for a run, or drinking a strong cup of coffee.