A Whopping 90% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
It may seem that convincing people to donate their time to your good cause is a losing battle, but it’s not. We are a nation of givers, and research shows that volunteering is alive and well. But, today’s volunteers require today’s tactics.
During this webinar recording, you’ll learn a practical, step-by-step system to identify, reach, and recruit the right volunteers. You’ll no longer be worried you can’t find that “dream team” to support your nonprofit. They are out there and ready to help.
Your presenter, Tobi Johnson, has helped countless nonprofits recruit volunteer talent. She will share tip sheets and templates, developed from 30 years experience in the field, to help you get your recruitment plan moving immediately.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- A simple process for recruiting your dream volunteers in 10 steps
- The four critical components that trigger volunteer participation and how to use them to boost your recruitment
- The key touch points for volunteers during the recruitment process and how to WOW! them at every step
- How to determine which volunteer skill sets your organization is seeking
- How to save time by narrowing your search on specific volunteer ”niches” and where to find them
- A variety of communications channels to use to find volunteers that match your specific needs
- How to develop recruitment pitches that grab attention and inspire action
- Which community partnerships can help you expand awareness of your opportunities
- Online tactics to turbocharge your overall recruitment efforts
- Effective screening and interviewing practices to ensure the right fit for both you and the volunteer
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Volunteer Recruitment Strategy Self Assessment
- Volunteer Workforce Needs Analysis Process
- Volunteer Recruitment Pitch Worksheet
- A List of Inspiring Interview Questions
- Volunteer Recruitment Strategy & Planning Template
- A Consolidated Workbook of all of the above for easy download
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar
"I now feel empowered with information and motivated and encouraged to go get my dream team!"
Susan Baughman, Dorchester Paws
"This webinar has been very useful. I think it will continue to be useful over time as well, particularly with the extra materials and webinar materials I am able to download and refer to again as needed. For me, it is very important to have these resources on hand over time and quite a value. Thank you."
Sharon Juenemann, The Shadow Project
"CharityHowTo knows how to convey effective and easy to incorporate tips and tricks that won't leave you overwhelmed or asking "how?" but instead gives you the confidence to implement them… immediately!"
Glynis Braun, Girls on the Run
"Toby did an amazing job breaking down the volunteer recruitment process. I am excited to implement some of her tools to better engage our volunteers!"
Danielle Soba, California YMCA Youth & Government
"Very insightful with precise and practical ideas. The materials received before hand will allow the user to access the material over and over again. Great Value!"
Robin Krohn, CARE House of Oakland County
“This webinar provided a broad review of the topic, highlighting key components that I had not heard before. I think the information will be very useful and I am anxious to apply it.”
Irene Lindemer, St. Thomas More Catholic Parish
“The speaker was spot on in regards to the items that are missing within our current attempts to recruit volunteers. I learned a great deal and can't wait to get started! Thank you so much!”
Amanda Schoettinger, University of Michigan Health System
“Thank you very much for this helpful Webinar. I am walking away with many useful tools I will immediately put into action. This Webinar was well worth the time and money.”
Patricia Bryant, St. John´s Retirement Village
“Really fantastic information! I have so many ideas about what my organization can do better. I was already emailing volunteers to create a task force before the webinar was over!”
Jaye Cromwell, McMinnville Area Habitat for Humanity
“I have been in volunteer management for 18 years and have my CVA. This is the best information presented on this topic that everyone needs help with. The information is priceless. Can't wait to share with peers.”
“This webinar really helped me tighten up and refine my volunteer recruitment process.”
Nate Patrus, The Food Depot
“Very informative and comprehensive presentation. Can't wait to utilize some of the new information I received. Also, thank you for all the handouts. They will be very helpful as well.”
Cheryl Kann-Ferst, Riverdale Senior Services Inc.
About Your Topic Expert
Tobi Johnson, MA, CVA is an internationally recognized author, speaker, and thought leader in the field of volunteer engagement. She is the President of Tobi Johnson & Associates, a consultancy that helps nonprofits of all sizes strengthen their volunteer strategy, and Chief Engagement Officer of VolunteerPro, an online learning and networking community for leaders of volunteers.
Tobi is also a contributor to Volunteer Engagement 2.0: Ideas and Insights for Transforming Volunteer Programs in a Changing World, edited by VolunteerMatch.org and published by Wiley & Sons in May 2015. She shares insights and evidence-based strategies to attract, inspire and mobilize top volunteer talent through Tobi’s Volunteer Management Blog.
For more on nonprofit volunteer management and recruitment, check out these webinars.