A Whopping 96% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
Thank you videos are a simple and powerful way to communicate appreciation to your donors and demonstrate the impact of their gifts. You don't need to be a videographer or have special storytelling skills to create a simple and powerful thank you video.
During this nonprofit training webinar recording, we will show you what you need to know to create thank you videos. We will show you examples of other small and medium-size nonprofits who have created effective thank you videos with minimal resources and very little experience. Simple and authentic thank you videos are now standard practice.
This webinar recording will give you the step-by-step guide to creating donor thank you videos that both inspire, delight and communicate gratitude.
Your presenter, Julia Campbell, has worked with small and mid-size nonprofits to create simple but powerful online fundraising campaigns that utilize digital tools including websites, email, social media, and video. Julia has done hands-on work with small shops to help them leverage the power of video to thank their donors (and get them to give again).
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- Examples of both polished and amateur thank you videos from small nonprofits
- Simple ways to use your smartphone to record and edit the thank you video yourself
- A brief review of a variety of free and low-cost tools and mobile apps to enhance your video with subtitles, music, text overlay, and more
- How to determine the goal of your video and choose metrics for success
- How to show the impact of your work through video
- How to choose a location to shoot your video
- How to light the video and ensure that the sound quality is high (on a shoestring)
- How to prepare the people that will be in the video
- How to write talking points for the video that are donor-centric
- Quick review about how to best share the video on your website and on social media
- CASE STUDY: How a local food bank used thank you videos on Instagram to increase donor retention
- CASE STUDY: How a local women’s shelter used donor thank you videos in their online fundraising campaign
This Webinar Recording is Perfect for You, If…
- You want to enhance your donor acknowledgement process.
- You are having trouble retaining donors.
- You want to learn more about donor-centered fundraising.
- You want to engage your donors in more authentic ways.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- List of recommended video equipment for your smartphone
- List of free apps to download and play with
- List of links to dig deeper into smartphone video
- Release forms for adults and children.
- Special instructions for viewing webinar recording
- Slides & recorded version of webinar
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“This webinar was engaging with the use of examples and also very practical with specific direction on how to create better videos and specific products to consider. Exactly what I needed thank you!”
Kari Driskell, Kitsap Regional Library
“The information was fresh and confirming! It reaffirmed that our organization is moving in the right direction, and also gave me some additional tools to consider moving forward! Thanks a million!”
Quwania Jefferson, Hampton Roads Community Health Center
“This is my first CharityHowTo webinar and it will certainly be the first of many yet to come!!”
"Wonderful webinar, helpful speaker, & loved the interaction we had with Julia while watching the videos together plus taking the interactive surveys.”
Jeff Craig-Meyer, Lutheran Hour Ministries
It was helpful to get additional strategies and recommendations from marketing specialists, and it's cool to see some of the preconceived ideas I've had are in alignment with the recommendations, or only require a little more focus!
Travis Wells, Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics
“If you are just getting started out with video, need a refresher, or are just looking some new ideas, this webinar and the accompanying materials have some great tips, and suggestions for different video apps to play with outside of the standard iMovie or Adobe Premiere. I appreciated seeing samples of other thank you videos and look forward to trying out some new ideas that my colleague and I came up with while attending this webinar.”
Carolyn Cote, CASA of New Hampshire
“Truly the best money ever spent on any webinar or conference. Tons of practical info that can be put to use right away. Thank you!”
Kate Cox, Talbot Hospice
“Loved all the video examples shared and also "real world" ways to use the suggestions included. She focus on affordable and feasible options for those without a lot of experience in storytelling.”
Patricia Ambler, Bon Secours
“Having never attempted a video before, Julia's webinar has left me feeling empowered and eager to dive into my first video, confident that I now have the tools needed to make a fun and engaging video to properly thank our donors. Great session!”
Jan Clemm, Camp Sancta Maria
“Julia has excellent examples of what our organization can do to better our marketing and communications. I enjoy listening to her and the expertise she provides so anytime I see she is presenting - I make sure to sign up! “
Tiffany Norman, Union Gospel Mission of Salem
About Your Topic Expert
Julia Campbell is a storyteller and nonprofit digital strategist, providing workshops, webinars, and consulting services to nonprofit professionals in organizations of all sizes. She is the author of Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits, published by CharityChannel Press.
Using social media, email, blogging, and online fundraising platforms, Julia has a long history of helping nonprofits find success online. After 10 years in the nonprofit sector as a one-woman development director and marketing shop, she founded J Campbell Social Marketing, a boutique digital marketing agency based in Beverly, MA. She has been featured on Maximize Social Business, About.com, MarketWatch, Alltop, Salon, Social Media Today, Forbes and Business 2 Community. Her blog was named one of the Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world.
For more on nonprofit marketing, check out these webinars.