A Whopping 90% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
Picking up the phone is one of the most effective ways to engage with your supporters and fundraisers. But often organizations neglect the telephone because of a fear of being annoying or getting rejected.
This webinar recording will give you the tools you need to make calls your supporters WANT to receive. You’ll learn the practicalities you need to consider before you start, and gain everything you need to start making effective fundraising and thank you calls today.
By integrating the phone through every part of your fundraising program you’ll raise more for less.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- Why and When to use the telephone - learn how adding a simple phone call to your existing strategies can boost your results.
- How to get opt-ins from new supporters - ensuring that a growing list of supporters have said YES to receiving your calls.
- How to understand the different segments of your database for phone calls.
- How to prioritize your calls to maximize return on investment.
- How to build your call structure and script: starting from a blank sheet of paper we’ll develop what to say and construct the call outline from start to finish.
- How to handle a ‘NO’: you’ll prepare to hear the common responses and understand how to work with them.
- How to influence donors and personalize the call to maximize your response rates.
- How to make calls that DON’T ask for money, but still raise more for your organization.
- How to ensure your team is ready to handle calls from supporters that phone YOU!
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Generic call outline and script to help get you started.
- A list of standard objections and suggested responses.
- The Donor Response Spectrum - help you prioritize the right calls.
- The webinar recording and the slides.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“It was obvious, Simon is a seasoned phone solicitor. But, he made phone calls for donations sound simple by emphasizing human conversation.”
“This was the real-world type of information, provided with clarity, humility and humanity, that we can put immediately into action. Thank you!”
Lisa Kalal, United Way of San Diego County
“This was a truly informative webinar, thank you!”
Cheryl Steinhauer, Long Island Cares
"Making phone calls to donors can be intimidating but Simon Scriver broke it down into bit-sized elements which can be used by any sized development department."
Kate Zannoni, Cleveland Museum of Natural History
“Wonderful information. Will take the tactics to my board and start to formulate a call policy.”
“Simon was very knowledgeable about the topic of telephone fundraising. He touched on many aspects that pertain to organizations of any size.”
Jessica Weaver, Mission Services of London
“I came up with some great ideas during this session”
Martha Lovejoy, New Hampshire Lakes Association
“Presenter was very engaging and information presented was detailed”
Janet Stone, THEARC Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Campus
“The presenter provided useful, easy tips you can implement right away to improve or start your calling practices.”
Susanna Prull, Preserve Rhode Island
“Great tips for conversations with donors! I feel confident I'll be able to use this information right away.”
Mary Kay Altenburg, Food Bank of Northern Nevada
“The webinar was comprehensive and interesting. This material will be very helpful when attempting to secure buy-in from my staff and board on this project. Thanks!”
Elizabeth Fossett, Connecticut Forest & Park Association
About Your Topic Expert
Simon Scriver is a professional fundraising consultant, coach, trainer, Board Member and practitioner.
Simon has won Fundraising Ireland's 'Small Budget, Big Impact' and ‘Supplier Of The Year’ Awards, as well as Eircom’s Start-up Award. He is a TEDx speaker and has previously won the Toastmasters UK & Ireland International Speech Contest. A board member of a small non-profit ‘Making Connections’, he also sits on the Advisory Panel of Rogare, the international fundraising think tank, and is a member of the Institute of Fundraising and the AFP.
Simon also offers consultancy to some of the biggest and smallest charities in Ireland and abroad. He offers advice and training to non-profits to make their fundraising more cost-effective, speaking regularly at international conferences. He holds a Diploma in Fundraising and a Certificate in Fundraising.
For more on nonprofit donor relations and aquisition check out these webinars.