A Whopping 90% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
This webinar recording will lead you step by step through the creation of a powerful and effective direct mail appeal. From concept to writing, design, to printing and mailing -- you’ll master the elements of success in direct mail fundraising.
Some of these fundraising techniques will surprise you … but these are the things that move donors to respond, as proven again and again from real-world fundraising experience.
Your presenter, Jeff Brooks, has been a fundraising professional for more than 25 years. He has written and directed thousands of direct mail projects for nonprofit organizations across North America and Europe. Using tons of real-life examples, he’ll show you the tested and proven best practices for appeal letters that get results.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- How to create a reply coupon that sweeps in donations like a magic vacuum cleaner
- The amazing first step to your appeal letter project that will save hours of time and dramatically improve results
- How to craft a motivating fundraising offer: The most important thing you do in every piece of fundraising
- Three important tactics that improve response rates
- How to keep the bureaucratic requirements from gumming up the works
- How to write an appeal letter that your donors will read, understand, and enthusiastically respond to
- The most-read passage of every fundraising letter (it's not the passage you think!)
- The proven writing style that wins over donors
- 7 secrets to winning style
- 2 things to avoid like poison ivy!
- How to make sure every reader gets the point
- One weird truth about fundraising writing that only the pros know
- How to make an outer envelope that virtually commands people to open it
- The super-common envelope approach to avoid that kills response rates
- Two diametrically opposite envelope tactics that both work
- The power of variety, and how to harness it affordably
- How to write the rest of the direct mail package that brings it all together
- What not to put in the package if you want people to respond
- Some cool insert ideas that boost response
- How to make the return envelope really do its job
This is a recorded masterclass on the art of direct mail fundraising, based on decades in the trenches and hundreds of head-to-head direct response tests … a decades-long learning curve that you can climb in just 90 minutes.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Direct Mail Fundraising Appeal Checklist.
- 6 Free Online Tools to Improve Your Writing.
- Creative Brief Template
- Fundraising Results Excel spreadsheet template.
- The Slides
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“This webinar about writing a Direct Mail Appeal... is likely the BEST webinar I have ever attended. AND, thank you for making the slides available before the program. GR8 to take notes on, coupled with Jeff's comments…”
James Rosenberg, Arts & Entertainment 4 DFW Youths
“This webinar gave concrete ideas for writing effect direct mail appeals. There was opportunity for interaction and I was challenged by the content to really consider what changes we can make that will have better results. The examples used were effective and I am looking forward to implementing the tools in our upcoming mailings.”
Elisa Villareal, Girl Scouts San Diego
“This was exactly what I needed to hear/see to take the next best steps toward greater success in direct mail fundraising! “
Kyle Enriquez, Jacksonville Symphony
“Great specific examples and tips. Many webinars will just be vague and say "be creative!" without actually telling you how, so I appreciated the specifics here.”
Marga Hutcheson, Land’s Sake
“There was a ton of practical information, things I can take away and implement immediately. I learned specific ways to enhance my direct mail appeal to my donors. I was made aware of things I was doing that was not good and how to change that. Excellent!”
Kari Nunokawa, Maui United Way
“Excellent presentation filled with practical and useful information.”
Llewellyn Crain, The Old Globe
“Jeff's presentation is very clear and detailed, which will lead to greater success in my direct mail and email campaigns!”
Robert Harlan, Yuba-Sutter-Colusa United Way
“Very engaging and interesting webinar that gave me proven tips for a successful direct mail campaign this year.”
Alex Magay, The Winchendon School
“The research of what has been proven successful and the concrete examples were very helpful. I also like the fact that I am now armed with statistics to share with management for changing the tone, look, and frequency of our direct mail appeals.”
Paula Campbell, Lincoln Foundation
“Great basic guidelines ... will employ many ideas immediately.”
"This webinar is a fantastic resource for creating your direct mail pieces. I highly recommend!”
Lauren Seiler, West Virginia University
“This webinar clearly outlined the steps to the process of direct mail in an easy format to follow.”
Cara Gauthier, Vermont Land Trust
“Jeff Brooks knows his trade. This webinar was full of great tips on how to produce winning direct mail pieces.”
George Boodrookas, Modesto Junior College
“I really enjoyed the webinar on direct mail appeals. I am in the process of starting a new mailing and a refresher on all of the information that achieves success was very beneficial.”
Nicole Christlieb, McMillen Health
About Your Topic Expert:
Jeff Brooks has served the nonprofit community for more than 25 years, working as a writer and creative director on behalf of large and small nonprofits, including CARE, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, World Vision, Feeding America, Project HOPE, and dozens of urban rescue missions and Salvation Army divisions. He has planned and executed hundreds of campaigns in direct mail, print, radio, the internet, and other media that have motivated millions of donors to help make the world a better place.
He blogs at futurefundraisingnow.com, and is the author of three books: The Fundraiser's Guide to Irresistible Communications, The Money-Raising Nonprofit Brand, and How to Turn Your Words into Money. He lives in Seattle.